Job Vacancy: Temporary Shop & Café Service Supervisor
This is a great opportunity for someone with retail experience to work for 6 months to help run the popular Bledington Community Shop and Cafe. The shop is thriving, run by an enthusiastic team of volunteers and a professional full time manager. This role is to support the Shop Manager to ensure smooth running of the shop during these very busy times. To start immediately.
Job Title: Temporary Community Shop and Café Service Supervisor
Status: Part time. This is a temporary appointment for 6 months
Salary: £10.00 per hour, depending on skills and experience
Hours: Up to 20 hours per week, with flexible working hours to complement the Manager’s schedule.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Relevant retail experience
• Relevant experience in a supervisory role
• Strong customer service skills with the ability to exceed customer’s expectations.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to empathise with and support volunteers
• Competent in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and other office applications
• Practical problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
• Knowledge of EPOS and stock ordering systems.
• Support the Shop & Café Manager in running an efficient and welcoming Community Shop and, as and when permitted, a Café service
• Ensure all customers, volunteers and visitors have a great experience
• be accountable to the Shop Manager in the first instance, and to BCSL Management Committee.
• Support the Shop & Café Manager with opening up or closing down at the start or end of the day as required
• Assist in placing orders with our suppliers and managing delivery of those orders
• Ensure stock levels on the shelves are maintained from the stock room
• Coordinate with the Shop & Café Manager to cover regular days of leave, plus holiday and sickness cover as necessary
• Promote an environment that is warm and friendly
• Ensure that every customer leaves our building having had a good experience and wanting to come back
• Record customer and volunteer recommendations, suggestions, requests and feedback, reporting these to the Manager in a timely fashion
• Respond promptly to customer and volunteer queries & questions, giving help and support when required.
• Ensuring all customers are given the best possible service by yourself and volunteers
• Deal with any complaints and product returns promptly & appropriately, in line with agreed policies, and in a manner that leaves the customer wanting to return.
• Ensuring that all equipment is monitored, cleaned and maintained.
• Assist the Manager with providing timely reports in advance of the monthly Management Committee meetings
• Promptly highlight to the Manager and the Management Committee any issues that are affecting the smooth running of the Shop and Café service
• Attend regular appraisal meetings with the Manager to ensure business and individual objectives are met.
If you are interested, please forward your CV to:
Jo Shaw, Shop Manager, Bledington Community Shop
01608 65 9977