Job Title: Community Shop Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to manage and ensure the smooth running of the new purpose-built and community-owned shop and café within Bledington.
The Shop is in the heart of Bledington. We plan to open in autumn 2019, and would like to have the Manager in place a month beforehand to establish systems in time for the opening.
Status: Full Time / Permanent
Salary: £24,000 per annum depending on skills and experience
Hours: 40 hours per week / Flexible hours and working considered.
- Run an efficient and welcoming community Shop and Cafe, ensuring that all customers, volunteers and visitors have a positive experience
- Manage the team of volunteers including training, rotas, and personnel issues.
- Monitor and maintain stock including product strategy and supplier relationships and manage end to end ordering process
- Develop and run sales and promotions including marketing the shop to drive trade
- Develop and implement effective and efficient standards and systems for shop operations both ‘front of house’ and ‘back office’
- Ensure Financial Procedures and Controls are followed, including recording transactions on the EPOS system
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene laws & regulations
- Maintain up to date health, safety, & hygiene documentation and procedure
- Maintain volunteer handbook
- Reconcile the till at the end of the day, or as required by the Treasurer, and investigate/report any discrepancies
- Report on performance to the Management Committee and make suggestions for improvements, contributing to the long-term development of the community shop and cafe
- Relevant retail experience
- Strong customer service skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Good managerial skills with the ability to motivate a team of volunteers
- Ability to implement new ideas and proactively solve problems
- Commercial skills & financial awareness
- Knowledge of health & Safety and food hygiene legislations
- Knowledge of EPOS & stock ordering systems
- Interest in purposes and structure of a community business
- Health & Safety qualification is desirable.
If you have the enthusiasm and ‘can do’ approach to take on this unique opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please send your CV as soon as possible to [email protected]